Merchants onboarding to Bolt may need to provide historical Payment Processing statements. These statements must include the following details: all processing fees, chargebacks and associated fees, total payment volume (TPV), refunds, and transaction details. Bolt typically requires 12 months of statements for pricing analysis and onboarding.
Why Bolt Needs Processing Details
We recognize that not every merchant and market category is the same. Bolt tailors its pricing based on information found in your unique processing details. Having access to these records ensures we can tailor our services to fit your needs best.
Payment Processing Statement Requirements
Consult your financial team, accountant, or whoever is responsible for maintaining the relationship you have with your payment processor/gateway. This person must have access to billing and reporting.
If you do not have a financial team, log in to your payment processor's console and select the report option that includes fee structures, chargebacks, and refunds (this varies by processor).
Use the following list to verify if the statement reports you have exported have the information required:
- Chargebacks: Chargeback fees, Dollar Amount, Total Number of Chargebacks
- Refunds: Refund Fees, Dollar Amount, Total Number of Chargebacks
- Total fees: processing fees, Interchange/ pass-through fees, tiered pricing, service charges (for MasterCard, Visa, Discover and Amex), and Other fees
- Transactions: Per-transaction fee, Transaction Credits
- Settlements: Settlement Amount, Settlement Date
Examples listed below do not depict full statements, but demonstrate the most common fields and values required for Bolt's analysis of your processing details.
This information is only needed if your main report excludes American Express.