Use this guide to perform various operations for Volusion. You can also refer to the Volusion Supported Features article to review available functionality.
Refunds, phone orders, and voids must be issued through the Merchant Dashboard; they cannot be issued through the Volusion Admin console.
Order Review and Status Changes
When a user places an order, the initial order status is "Pending" and the record of Payment Type "PENDING" is stored in the order Payment Log. The following are the potential order statuses and payment log types that can take place past this:
- Processing / DEBIT | AUTHORIZE | CAPTURE: When Bolt approves the order, the status will be updated to "Processing". If you enable “auto capture”, payment is captured at this point and the payment type "DEBIT" is recorded in payment log. Otherwise, the payment is authorized and the payment log type is "AUTHORIZE". Capturing of the authorized transactions is triggered from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard. After the authorized transaction gets captured the record of type "CAPTURE" is added to the payment log.
- Pending / REVIEW: When Bolt suspects the transaction is likely a fraud, Bolt rejects the transaction. In this case, the order status will not be updated, it stays at “Pending”, but the record of "REVIEW" type is added to payment log. You may either “force approve” or “confirm rejection” of the transaction in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Payment Declined / DECLINED: When Bolt is confident an order is fraud, Bolt irreversibly rejects the transaction. In this case, the status will be updated to “Payment Declined” and record of type "DECLINED" added to the payment log.
Issue a Refund
See our article on how to issue refunds in the Merchant Dashboard. Issued refunds have a "Processing" status with a payment-log type of "CREDIT."
Place a Phone Order
- Log into the Volusion Console.
- Navigate to Orders > Place Phone Order.
- Complete order details.
- Scroll to Payment and select `Other` in the dropdown.
- Uncheck the following:
- Collect Payment (Auth + Capture)
- Send Invoices
- Copy the Order Number (ID) from the newly created order.
- Log in to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
- Select New Payment.
- Enter the order number as the order reference.
- Complete checkout
- Update the order from the Volusion Console to change its status or total.
See our article on how to void a transaction in the Merchant Dashboard. When an authorized transaction is canceled (voided) from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard, the order is put in "Cancelled" state and the payment log of type "VOID" gets recorded.