It is always a good idea to keep aware of the software versions you are using, and when possible to keep your software up to date. The article below provides information to help you determine your software versions for both Bolt and common ecommerce platforms.
Note — Bolt only works with Volusion v1 (formerly V13) Contact Volusion support to determine your version.
Note — BigCommerce operates as SAAS and updates for all users as revisions are automatic.
Bolt uses reports the plugin version to console.log wherever Bolt Checkout is loaded.
To find your plugin version:
- In Chrome, open Developer tools and navigate anywhere Bolt is loaded, for example, the cart page.
- Click on the console tab and search for "Bolt". As an example, a log looks like 'Bolt M1 Version: 184.108.40.206'
The Bolt Checkout displays the Bolt Version.
To find the Bolt Version:
- Go to your site.
- Launch Bolt Checkout.
- Look in the lower right corner for the build number.
To view information, including software versions and server settings, go to WooCommerce > System Status.
Under the WordPress Environment:
- W.C. Version lists your currently installed WooCommerce version
- W.P. Version lists your currently installed WordPress version
If you need to update either WooCommerce or WordPress, please follow these official guides to ensure you don't lose any information:
- WooCommerce: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/how-to-update-woocommerce/
- WordPress: https://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress
Magento 1 and 2
Here are 4 different options to find it:
- Use free online tools to check the version just entering your website address, for example, MagentoVersion.com
- Check your version via the admin panel:
- Log in to your Magento admin panel;
- In the center of the footer of the page you’ll see a current version, e.g.:
- If you have changed the admin theme and can’t see the version at the bottom of the page, go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager
Find ‘Mage_All_Latest’ in the ‘Package Name’ column. The number X.X.X.X (stable) is the version.
- Check the version in the app/Mage.php file of your Magento installation. Look for the getVersionInfo() function.
- Use SSH to learn the version. Login to the server via SSH using the root password, navigate to the directory where Magento is installed and type the following command:
cd /home/username/public_html php -r “include ‘app/Mage.php’; echo ‘Magento version is: ‘, Mage::getVersion(); ”.
The easiest way to get your Magento 2 version is to add /magento_version to the website address and start searching. You will see a short answer including the version and edition you use, for example, Magento 2.1 (Enterprise);
Checking for Magento Community or Enterprise
- The easiest way to find it out is to enter example.com/giftcard/customerin your browser:
- If you see 404 Page Not Found error, the website doesn’t run MEE version;
- If you are redirected to a login page, this is the MEE version.
- You can also check the Magento version via the command line by the codeMage::getEdition() that is to give you all the necessary information:
/** * Magento edition constants */
const EDITION_COMMUNITY = 'Community';
const EDITION_ENTERPRISE = 'Enterprise';
const EDITION_PROFESSIONAL = 'Professional';
const EDITION_GO = 'Go';
/** * Current Magento edition. * * @var string * @static */
static private $_currentEdition = self::EDITION_COMMUNITY;
* Get current Magento edition
* * @static * @return string
Want to extend your platform functionality? Having checked your current Magento version, choose a necessary Magento 1 and Magento 2 extensions.
You can quickly see this information by looking on the right side of your admin, under Apps & Themes.
If you want to find the Shopify theme version that you are using, here are the steps to find out the theme version.
- Login to your account
- Go to Online Store > Themes
- Click on Actions > Edit Code
- Open up Config and click on settings_schema.json and you will see the theme_version within the file.
To find your Shopify API version an App is using
- Go to the Shopify admin panel
- Go to App.
- Select the App.
- Click APP Setup.
Here you can see and select the API version.
For more details see https://shopify.dev/concepts/about-apis/versioning