Order Review and Statuses
When a user places an order, its initial Bolt Status (custom order field) will be Pending (See #1531 below), which indicates Bolt is reviewing the order. There are four potential statuses the order may take after review:
When Bolt approves the transaction, the Bolt Status will be updated to Authorize. It is ready to be captured (or voided). If auto-capture is enabled, payment is captured at this point. Otherwise, the payment should be captured using the Miva admin.
When Bolt suspects the transaction is likely a fraud, Bolt rejects the transaction. In this case, the status will be updated Reversibly Rejected. You may either Force Approve or Confirm Rejection in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
When Bolt is confident an order is fraudulent, Bolt irreversibly rejects the transaction. In this case, the status will be updated to Irreversibly Rejected.
If an order is canceled within Miva or on the Bolt dashboard, the Bolt Status in Miva will be updated to Cancelled. The merchant should cancel the order through the Miva admin.
|Completed||Once the payment has been fully placed (delay capture was performed or auto-capture was set) and approved by Bolt, the Bolt Status will change to Completed. This indicates the order is approved for shipment.|
|Failed||The transaction was declined / permanently rejected. The merchant should cancel the order through Miva admin.|
Taking Phone Orders
To create a new order in the Miva Admin:
- Navigate to Order Processing and click the + button
- Select a customer, or enter the address manually.
- Add items.
- Click Edit Shipping/Tax/Other Charges to apply shipping and tax charges.
- Click the Authorize button. An Authorize screen will appear.
- Select Bolt (credit card) from the Payment Method dropdown.
- A blue Bolt Checkout button will appear. Click the Bolt Checkout button.
- Bolt Checkout will appear. Enter the customer’s information and then click the Pay button.
- The success message will appear. Once it finishes, Checkout will close and the order will be refreshed with the payment information shown.
Refunds are best processed by issuing a refund through Miva, as the Bolt Merchant Dashboard will not automatically sync with your order management system.
See more information in our support site articles: Issue a Refund
For more details of refunds with Miva go here.