See our Supported Versions article.
Step 1 — Plugin Installation
The location of the Magento root folder depends on where you originally installed Magento and is also driven by your webhosting company. If you navigate to your Magento 2 root, you’ll see the next folders:
Open command prompt, go to
<MAGENTO_ROOT>folder and run the following
$ composer require boltpay/bolt-magento2 $ php bin/magento setup:upgrade $ php bin/magento setup:di:compile $ php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy $ php bin/magento cache:clean $ php bin/magento cache:flush
Step 2 — Plugin Configuration
To configure the Bolt plugin:
- Login to the store admin panel.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods > Bolt Pay.
- Set the
Enableddropdown to Yes.
- Enter an appropriate Title such as Credit & Debit Cards.
The following values can be found in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard under Settings > Keys and URLs:
- API Key
- Signing Secret,
- Publishable Key - Multi-Step
- Publishable Key - Payment Only
- Publishable Key - Back-office
Note — The API key and Signing secret are mandatory, But It is not mandatory to have all three publishable keys. Depending upon your configuration you may only need one or two, but you must have at least one.
For production, credentials will be found at:
For sandbox mode, use the following URL:
- API Key — used for calling Bolt API from your back-end server
- Signing Secret — used for signature verification in checking the authenticity of webhook requests
- Publishable Key - Multi-Step — used to open the Bolt Payment Popup typically on Shopping cart and product pages
- Publishable Key - Payment Only — used to open the Bolt Payment Popup typically on checkout pages
- Publishable Key - Back-office — used in the back office of Magento for manually-created orders.
Each of these requires a separate division + publishable key"
- Sandbox Mode — setting up testing vs. production execution environment
- YES - both authorization and capture are done in a single step
- NO - the funds are captured in a separate request, initiated either from the store admin panel or from the Bolt merchant dashboard
- Replace Button Selectors — A comma-separated list of CSS selectors matching the elements to be replaced with Bolt Checkout buttons or Bolt checkout buttons placed alongside them:
- no suffix - the default — inserts Bolt button in place of the element and removes the element
- append suffix - example-selector|append — inserts Bolt button right after the element
- prepend suffix - example-selector|prepend — inserts Bolt button right before the element
Step 3 — Bolt Merchant Dashboard configuration
Login to the Bolt Merchant Dashboard using the appropriate link below:
- Navigate to Settings > Keys and URLs
- Scroll down to the URL Configurations section
- Set the Webhook URL to: [store_url]/rest/V1/bolt/boltpay/order/manage
- Set the Shipping and Tax URL to: [store_url]/rest/V1/bolt/boltpay/shipping/methods
Your Bolt Payment Plugin is now installed and configured.
Use the following script to update using Composer:
composer upgrade boltpay/bolt-magento2 php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:di:compile php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy php bin/magento cache:clean php bin/magento cache:flush