Open Source (CE)
1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2, 1.9.3
1.12, 1.14, 1.14.1, 1.14.2, 1.14.3
Supported PHP version
Step 1: Requirements
- Download the Bolt Magento plugin: Bolt Magento plugin
- Your production Magento server needs to be on HTTPS with a valid certificate
- Self-signed certificates are not allowed
- You should have an account with the Bolt merchant dashboard sandbox where you can access API keys for testing.
- If you have security settings or DDoS protection against bots, please whitelist our User-Agent: Bolt - https://www.bolt.com
Step 2: Setup Bolt Extension
2.1 Copy the Plugin to your Magento Server
In the top level of your Magento store installation, copy and paste the contents of the Bolt Magento plugin files.
Upgrading the extension from pre 1.0 version
If you are upgrading the plugin, you can simply paste the content of the zip file in the top-level directory, overwriting the older version.
If you are upgrading from version 1.0.0 or below, you will also need to delete the folder: magento_installation_folder/app/code/local/Bolt
2.2 Clear Magento Cache
Magento cache needs to be cleared for the server to pick up the new plugin.
Use these steps to set up the cache:
- Navigate to Admin console > System > Cache Management.
- Select Flush Cache.
2.3 Magento Admin Configuration
Next, you need to configure the Magento Admin with the keys.
Follow these steps in the Magento Admin:
- Navigate to System > Configuration > Payment Methods.
- Locate the tab labeled Bolt Pay.
- Insert your Bolt Keys and Signing Secret. You can get these from the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
For production, use the following URL:
For sandbox mode, use the following URL:
- API Key — used for calling Bolt API from your back-end server
- Signing Secret — used for signature verification to check the authenticity of webhook requests
- Publishable Key — Multi-Page Checkout, used to open the Bolt Payment Checkout in cart page. If you use Bolt in checkout page to collect only billing information (non-standard), set the Publishable Key — One Page Checkout too, otherwise keep it blank.
If Bolt is your only payment option, select Yes for the Skip Payment Method Step.
2.4 Bolt Merchant Dashboard Configuration
- Go to Settings tab.
- Select Keys and URLs.
- Scroll to the URL Configurations section
- Set the Webhook URL to: https://[store_url]/boltpay/api/hook
- Set the Shipping and Tax URL to: https://[store_url]/boltpay/shipping (if present)
- Set the Create Order URL to: https://[store_url]/boltpay/api/create_order (if present)
Step 3: Enabling Bolt
This is the final step in the configuration. This will turn on Bolt and will enable your site to start accepting payments from Bolt.
- Navigate to Admin console > System > Payment Methods > Bolt Pay
- Select the Enable Bolt Pay option
If at any point the plugin setup does not work within your environment and you wish to completely disable it in order to troubleshoot, do the following:
- Navigate to Admin > System > Configure > Advanced > Disable Modules Output > Bolt_Boltpay
- Select Disable
You are all set to start accepting payment via Bolt.