The Bolt Checkout for WooCommerce plugin contains the necessary logic to support using Bolt Checkout on WooCommerce. Most customizations should be made in the plugin settings page, but there are circumstances in which additional code is needed to support a specific use case. For these cases, the Bolt Integrations team will provide a custom zip file to the merchant. This section details how to install the merchant-specific Bolt Checkout for WooCommerce Extensions.
Note — Up to Date: Make sure to keep your plugins and extensions current.
Step 1 — Plugin Installation
In the WordPress Admin Dashboard, navigate to Plugins, then:
- Select Add New and then Upload Plugin.
- Click on the Choose File button and select the zip file provided by the Bolt Team.
- Click the Install Now button.
Step 2 — Plugin Activation
After the installation is complete, click Activate Plugin.
Step 3 — Verify Extensions Plugin
As the last step, verify that the plugin has been activated:
- In the WordPress Admin Dashboard, navigate to Plugins.
- Verify that the additional plugin appears and is activated.
You have completed the Bolt Checkout for WooCommerce Extensions integration.
Upgrading the Bolt Plugin
If you are upgrading your version of the Bolt Plugin and have the Bolt Extension plugin installed as well, be sure to update both plugins. Failing to upgrade Bolt Extension could break some functionality of the primary Bolt plugin.
Each plugin in Woocommerce is located into a separate directory inside wp-content/plugins/
- Delete the old extension plugin
- Install the new extension plugin
- Activate the new extension plugin.
You will find some additional guidance on how to update plugins and extensions on the WooCommerce site.