Order Review and Status Changes
As Bolt processes the order, it will transition through several different statuses:
When a user places an order on your Magento store, it will first become the Payment Review status.
When Bolt approves the order, the status will be updated to the Processing status. If you have Bolt enable ‘auto-capture’, the payment is captured at this point. Otherwise, the payment is captured when you issue an invoice.
When Bolt suspects the transaction is likely a fraud, Bolt rejects the transaction. In this case, the order status in Magento becomes Deferred. You may either ‘force approve’ transaction or ‘confirm rejection’ from the Bolt merchant dashboard. If you don't take any action, the order will be automatically canceled within a few business days.
|Canceled||When Bolt is confident that order is a fraud, we irreversibly reject the transaction. In this case order in Magento will immediately be canceled with the order status of Canceled.|
Transaction Void and Payment Refund
When an authorized transaction is canceled (voided) from the store admin the order is put in Canceled state.
After a refund (Credit Memo) is issued the order status gets set to one of the following:
- Complete — if the payment was partially refunded
- Closed — for completely refunded order payments
Payment Processing for Manually Created Orders
Merchants can use Bolt to process payments for orders manually created in the Magento Commerce dashboard.
One-Time Set-Up: Configure the Magento Commerce Backend
- Request a publishable key from your Bolt Account Manager. Please note manual orders are not indemnified fraud.
- In your Magento configurations, look for Bolt Pay. Enter your key into Publishable Key - Back Office.
- Once saved, Bolt will be available as a payment method in manual order creation.
Create an Order
- On your Orders page, select Create New Order in the top right.
- Under Payment Method, click on Continue to Payment under the Bolt Pay radio button.
- This will bring up Bolt Checkout. You can now enter the information and click Pay to complete the payment.
- Complete the rest of the form and Submit Order to process the order. Once you hit submit, you're all set: the information will automatically be sent to and processed by Bolt.
How to issue a refund (create a Credit Memo )
Refunds are best processed by issuing a refund through Magento, as the Bolt Merchant Dashboard will not automatically sync with your order management system.
See more information in our support site articles: Issue a Refund
Use the following steps to issue a Credit Memo:
- Click View on the invoice row in the Order Invoices section.
- Click Credit Memo on the invoice page.
- Click Refund at the bottom of the New Memo page.
- The newly created Credit Memo appears in the Credit Memos section. Click View action to display it.
Credit Memo details page
Payment and Refund transactions as shown in Bolt merchant dashboard transaction panel
Bolt Merchant Dashboard transaction details