If you are already using CyberSource, you can benefit from Bolt’s optimized checkout and conversion-focused fraud models without having to change your payment processor.
Bolt will not affect your setup or relationship with CyberSource. You will keep your existing CyberSource account, dashboard, and pricing. Additionally, you will continue using the CyberSource dashboard for operations related to payments. CyberSource as a payment processor is available on all ecommerce platforms supported by Bolt.
- Getting Started
- Merchant Setup
- CyberSource in the Merchant Dashboard
- Transaction Timeline and Events
- Virtual Terminal
- Keys and URLs
- Bolt Fee
- Money Movements
You’ll work with Bolt’s sales team to sign a contract and manage the technical integration.
The following steps are necessary to get started:
- Contact email@example.com and ask them to set up an account.
- Bolt will initiate your account creation and CyberSource integration.
Bolt requires specific information to set up your account.
Before contacting Bolt, gather the following information:
- Business Name
- Company's Customer Service Phone Number
- Company’s Customer Service Email
- Website URL
- Time Zone
- Support Email
- Support Phone
- If the merchant has agreed to direct debit:
- Company name registered with Bank
- Bank Branch Name
- Bank Routing Number
- Bank Account Number
CyberSource Implementation Time
The CyberSource implementation timeline will vary by merchant. You can expect the average time to be 2-4 weeks. Factors include the speed of communication between you and Bolt and the complexity of your account. Bolt’s Success team can offer timeline estimates for each merchant.
Once Bolt has enabled CyberSource as your processor, you will need to enter your CyberSource credentials immediately after logging into the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
Your credentials include:
- Merchant ID
- Shared Secret Key Name
- Shared Secret Key
Once enabled, you will have to contact Bolt Support to have CyberSource disabled.
CyberSource in the Merchant Dashboard
As a Merchant using CyberSource, you will see a modified version of the Bolt Merchant Dashboard. These changes occur because Bolt will not handle payment processing. The following descriptions show how a CyberSource implementation will vary from the payment processing version as it is described elsewhere within Bolt documentation.
The modified top section of the Overview page will not show payment processing information, Unsettled Balance, Settled Balance, and In Progress Transfer.
The modified version of the Transactions page will not display payment processing information, and will not provide some payment processing functions, because CyberSource will be your payment processor.
When using CyberSource, you will not be able to see:
You will be able to see these types of transactions on the transactions page:
- Payment — Customer payment for an order
- Refund — A refund issued to a customer
Using CyberSource, you will be able to see all the transaction details when you click on a transaction, with $0 processing fee.
You can perform most transaction updates in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard including:
- Capture — Captures the payment.
- Confirm Rejection — Permanently rejects the order.
- Force Approve — Approves the order.
- Refund — Fully or partially refunds the card with an entered amount and notifies the customer directly (or the merchant who notifies the customer).
- Resend Email — Resends the order confirmation email to the entered email
- Void — Voids the transaction
When using CyberSource, you will not be able to perform:
- Multi-capture — Perform multiple captures for one order.
- Recharge — Charges the card for a newly entered amount.
Transaction Timeline and Events
You will only see the transaction timeline for events performed using Bolt, including:
- Order Created
- Transaction Voided
- Transaction Captured
- Transaction Approved
- Transaction Rejected
If a transaction was voided or captured outside of the Bolt system that event won’t be included in the transaction timeline.
You will see the same transaction CSV download you would without CyberSource, but the processing fee will always be $0.
You will not see the option to download the following reports:
- The Transaction Events CSV.
- The Daily Bank Transfer CSVs.
- The Monthly Statement CSVs.
Using CyberSource, You will not be able to use the Virtual Terminal.
Keys and URLs
The CyberSource secret key and merchant ID will be included in a new section of the “Keys and URLs” page in the merchant dashboard.
Bolt will not charge a fee for processing. Instead, CyberSource will charge you. Bolt will charge fees only for checkout and fraud.
Bolt will set the Bolt Fee to the mutually agreed upon amount, as specified in your contract. It will be processed in Bolt's internal systems but the fee won’t be captured automatically.
No money movement will occur within Bolt's internal ledger service outside of transaction processing. At the end of each month, there will be a balance that you owe Bolt (Bolt Fees minus Credits for Indemnified Chargebacks). Bolt will zero out this balance monthly in the ledger.
At the end of each month, Bolt will calculate the Bolt Fee (using a pre-ordained query) and the chargeback indemnifications credit and send the merchant an invoice PDF.
The invoice will include:
- General Information
- Bolt Name / Address
- Merchant Name / Address
- Payment instructions
- Amount Due
- Bolt Fee amount
- Chargeback indemnification credit amount
- Total amount due
- Other Data
- Number of chargebacks indemnified
These terms will generally be either:
- Bolt will automatically debit you via ACH for the invoice amount. (Preferable)
- You will wire Bolt the money on 'Net 30' terms.
If Bolt ends up owing you money, for example, due to the chargeback indemnification being more than the Bolt fee, Bolt will transfer money to your bank account at the end of the month.