Afterpay allows merchants to offer installment plans for online customers. These plans allow your customers to pay for their purchases in four installments to Afterpay. Payments are due every two weeks. Bolt supports the use of Afterpay as an optional payment method. At this time, Afterpay will only be available for multistep Guest Checkout, and therefore is not available for use with Bolt Accounts.
Note — Afterpay in Checkout is currently in BETA.
When the store you are using offers Afterpay, and if your purchase qualifies, you will see Afterpay as an option on the Payment page of Bolt Checkout. Each merchant determines the minimum and maximum price for Afterpay qualification.
The Afterpay option will be disabled if your transaction doesn't meet the merchant's Afterpay price requirements. Hovering over the Afterpay option will show a tooltip showing the required price range.
If you want to use Afterpay for your purchase follow these steps:
- Select Afterpay as your payment method.
- Click the Pay with Afterpay button When you click the button the Afterpay window will pop up. You will see a loading spinner as you are taken to Afterpay to complete your purchase. While on Afterpay Bolt Checkout and your cart will be greyed out. If you want to return to checkout or your cart, you will have to close the popup window.
- If you have an Afterpay account, Afterpay will prompt you to log in. If you do not have an Afterpay account, Afterpay will ask you to create and verify an account. Visit Afterpay's website for more details about using Afterpay.
- Once at the Payment step, Afterpay will prompt you to enter your payment information and complete your purchase.
- After you complete the purchase, you will see a success screen followed by the Afterpay window closing. When the Afterpay window closes, you will return to Bolt Checkout and will see a Processing spinner. When the payment processing completes, Bolt will send you to the merchant's confirmation page.
- If an error occurs in the process, you will see an error message when you return to Bolt Checkout. You may either retry using Afterpay or choose a different payment method.