As a merchant, you can add custom opt-ins to your checkout experience using Bolt's Custom Checkboxes. Custom Checkboxes allow you to enhance relationships with your shoppers (such as newsletter opt-ins), as well as maintain compliance for regulatory requirements when selling certain goods.
Custom Checkboxes Support:
- Using customized text and linking
- Using Preset options
- Using up to 3 optional checkboxes or 1 required checkbox
- Storing Yes/No responses in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard
How to Add Custom Checkboxes
Contact your Customer Success Manager to set up custom checkboxes.
The following items can be customized:
- Checkbox identifier: Used for automated workflows; supports up to 50 case-insensitive characters.
- Text: Supports up to 200 characters and HTML (URLS).
- Default checkbox state: Defines if checkbox is initially checked or unchecked for a shopper.
- Checkbox category: Defines purpose for checkbox (gift, loyalty, newsletter).
The following section outlines which checkout touchpoints include custom checkboxes for your shoppers.
|Guest Checkout||Logged-in Checkout||Product Page Checkout||Payment-only Checkout||Paypal Checkout|
Shoppers engage with custom checkboxes from the Shipping stage of Bolt Checkout.
Shopper responses are sent to your e-commerce platform and are also viewable in the Bolt merchant dashboard.