As a merchant, you can add custom opt-ins to your checkout experience using Bolt's Custom Checkboxes. Custom Checkboxes dynamically allow you to enhance relationships with your shoppers (such as newsletter opt-ins), as well as maintain compliance for regulatory requirements when selling certain goods.
Custom Checkboxes Support:
- Using customized text and linking
- Using Preset options
- Using up to 3 optional checkboxes or 1 required checkbox
- Storing Yes/No responses in the Bolt Merchant Dashboard
How to Add Custom Checkboxes
Contact your Customer Success Manager to set up custom checkboxes.
The following items can be customized:
- Checkbox identifier: Used for automated workflows; supports up to 50 case-insensitive characters.
- Text: Supports up to 200 characters and HTML (URLS).
- Default checkbox state: Defines if checkbox is initially checked or unchecked for a shopper.
- Checkbox category: Defines purpose for checkbox (gift, loyalty, newsletter).
You can dynamically populate Custom Checkboxes in Bolt Checkout using dynamic rules.
Merchants on the Magento Commerce platform can also use custom product attributes (such as color, activity type, and weight) in their conditions.
Use dynamic rules to:
- Populate a checkbox based on the shopper's shipping address details.
- Populate a checkbox for a defined list of SKUs.
- Populate a checkbox to dynamically capture regulatory requirements (consent, acknowledgment) based on product type or location.
The following section outlines which checkout touchpoints include custom checkboxes for your shoppers.
|Guest Checkout||Logged-in Checkout||Product Page Checkout||Payment-only Checkout||Paypal Checkout|
Shoppers engage with custom checkboxes from the Shipping stage of Bolt Checkout.
Shopper responses are sent to your e-commerce platform and are also viewable in the Bolt merchant dashboard.