Bolt allows merchants to recharge existing customers using the payment information on file. Merchants may recharge a card for many reasons, for example, additional charges or recharging a voided transaction. Because recharges require an existing transaction, recharges cannot be processed on a different card.
Recharge transactions are placed from your Bolt Merchant Dashboard as follows:
- Login to your Bolt Merchant Dashboard
- Click on the Transactions tab
- Click on a single transaction to open it
- If the transaction can be recharged, a Recharge Customer button will appear at the top of the transaction.
- Click the Recharge Customer button.
- Complete all corresponding fields and click the blue Charge button.
Additional details regarding the Bolt Virtual Terminal
There are several important points you should consider when using recharge.
Remember when using recharge:
- Transactions do not sync with your e-commerce platform.
- Recharge transactions are not indemnified for fraud by Bolt. Bolt relies on signals from a customer's checkout to determine fraud. Because recharges are placed by the merchant, Bolt will not have these signals and cannot indemnify the transaction.
- Since Bolt does not indemnify recharge transactions, no Bolt fees are charged on recharge transactions.
- Orders are auto-approved after successful authorization as they don’t undergo any risk review.
The option to allow recharges for Bolt Rejected orders can be activated on the Bolt Merchant Dashboard via Checkout Settings.