This page explains how to manually void an authorized transaction in Bolt.
Voiding an authorization cancels the customer's order prior to the capture of funds. Bolt does not collect fees on voided orders. To void an order:
1. Log into your Bolt Merchant Dashboard at https://merchant.bolt.com/
2. Click the "Transactions" tab at the top of the screen.
3. Use the search bar to find the transaction that you are looking to void. You can search on customer name, order number, Bolt transaction ID, or customer email.
4. Once you have found the transaction in the list, click on the transaction to open the transaction details. Note that only transactions with a status of "In Review" or "Authorized" can be voided.
5. Click the "Void" button at the top of the panel.
6. When asked to confirm, click "Void." This will:
- Void the authorization, removing your hold on the customer's funds
- Send the customer an email informing them of the decline
- Change the order status for the transaction to "Cancelled" in your Bolt Merchant Dashboard
- Cancel the transaction in your shopping cart platform