We strongly recommend that you utilize your Shopping Cart Platform's order management system to issue refunds. When you do so, your shopping cart platform will trigger Bolt to issue a refund to the customer. Issuing a refund through the Bolt Merchant Dashboard will not automatically sync with your order management system.
However, If you'd like to issue a full or partial refund to your customer using the Bolt Merchant Dashboard.
Use the following steps to issue a refund:
- Log into your Bolt Merchant Dashboard at https://merchant.bolt.com/.
- Click Transactions at the top of the page.
- Use the search bar to locate the transaction that you are looking to refund. You can search on: customer name, order number, Bolt transaction ID, or customer email.
- Once you have found the transaction in the list, click on the transaction to open the transaction details. Note that only transactions with a status of Completed can be refunded.
- Click the Issue Refund button at the top of the page.
- Choose whether to issue a full refund or a partial refund. If you issue a partial refund, enter the amount (see screenshot below).
7. Click Refund.
8. Once Refund, is clicked:
- The refund will be processed. Depending on the issuing bank, it might take up to 7 days for the refund to show up on the customer's bank or card statements.
- Your customer will be notified via email of the refund.
- The refund will be sync'ed to your shopping cart platform (i.e. BigCommerce, Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify).
- The refund will be added as a note at the bottom of the transaction details panel. This note will contain a link to the refund transaction.
Note — Bolt will retain both the processing fee and Bolt fee on refunded transactions.
Note — A refund cannot be issued if there is an active chargeback dispute, fraudulent or non-fraudulent, open on the transaction.
Note — If you use BigCommerce as your Shopping Cart Platform, you will also need to manually update the order status to refunded in BigCommerce after issuing a refund through the Bolt dashboard.