We typically recommend that you utilize your Shopping Cart Platform's order management system to issue refunds. When you do so, your shopping cart platform will trigger Bolt to issue a refund to the customer.
However, If you'd like to issue a full or partial refund to your customer using the Bolt Merchant Dashboard, you can take the following steps:
1. Log into your Merchant Dashboard at https://merchant.bolt.com/.
2. Click "Transactions" at the top of the page.
3. Use the search bar to find the transaction that you are looking to refund. You can search on customer name, order number, Bolt transaction ID, or customer email.
4. Once you have found the transaction in the list, click on the transaction to open the transaction details. Note that only transactions with a status of "Completed" can be refunded.
5. Click the "Issue Refund" button at the top of the page.
6. Choose whether to issue a full refund or a partial refund. If you issue a partial refund, enter the amount (see screenshot below).
7. Click "Refund."
8. Once "Refund," is clicked:
- The refund will be processed. Depending on the issuing bank, it might take up to 7 days for the refund to show up on the customer's bank or card statements.
- Your customer will be notified via email of the refund.
- The refund will be sync'ed to your shopping cart platform (i.e. BigCommerce, Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify).
- The refund will be added as a note at the bottom of the transaction details panel. This note will contain a link to the refund transaction.
Note: Bolt will retain both the processing fee and Bolt fee on refunded transactions.
Note: A refund cannot be issued if there is an active chargeback dispute, fraudulent or non-fraudulent, open on the transaction.
Note: If you use BigCommerce as your Shopping Cart Platform, you will also need to manually update the order status to "refunded" in BigCommerce after issuing a refund through the Bolt dashboard.