Bolt follows industry-standard practices for settlement and funding. The typical process takes approximately two days from order placement to availability, and works as follows:
- Card network transactions are captured by 7 p.m. PT/10 p.m. ET each business day.
- Card network transactions are settled at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET the following business day.
- Funds are moved from unsettled to settled balance.
- Funds become transferrable to your bank account.
- Bolt transfers funds settled since last business day at 12 p.m. PT/3 p.m. ET, each business day.
- Daily transactions become exportable from the merchant dashboard at this point.
Detailed Settlement & Payout Schedule (Eastern Time)
|Weekday||Transactions Batch||Settled||Funds Available*|
|Sunday||None Processed||1 p.m. Monday||3 p.m. Monday|
|Monday||10 p.m. Thursday - 10 p.m. Sunday||1 p.m. Monday||3 p.m. Monday|
|Tuesday||10 p.m. Sunday - 10 p.m. Monday||1 p.m. Tuesday||3 p.m. Tuesday|
|Wednesday||10 p.m. Monday - 4 p.m. Tuesday||1 p.m. Wednesday||3 p.m. Wednesday|
|Thursday||10 p.m. Tuesday - 10 p.m. Wednesday||1 p.m. Thursday||3 p.m. Thursday|
|Friday||10 p.m. Wednesday - 10 p.m. Thursday||1 p.m. Friday||3 p.m. Friday|
|Saturday||None Processed||1 p.m. Monday||3 p.m. Monday|
*Based on a 24 hour time between when the bank receives the funds and when the bank posts the funds to your account. Funds availability may be faster or slower depending on your bank.
Funds settle and process the following business day if captured during a bank holiday.
Next Monday is a bank holiday. No transactions are settled that day. The following transaction batches are settled at 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday:
- Funds collected between 10 p.m. ET Thursday to 10 p.m. ET Sunday
- Funds collected between 10 p.m. ET Sunday to 10 p.m. ET on Monday.
These funds become available at 3 p.m. ET Tuesday.